Wilson & Gilkes has been using Dulux powder coatings for many years. Initiatives by Dulux with Green star rating is just one of the many reasons why Wilson & Gilkes chooses to use this range of powder coats.
Powder coatings are renowned for being environmentally responsible. They are 100% solid – this is the paint with no solvents, no fumes, and no dangerous gases, and there are no harmful low VOC (volatile organic solvents) that contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and global warmingPowder coatings have many advantages over alternative finishes. They can be sprayed with much higher efficiency than wet paints, because over-sprayed powder can be collected and re-applied. Which means, as much as 99% of the original product can be used, with minimal waste sent for landfill.
Practically any company that makes powder coatings will claim to be an environmental friend!
But Dulux Powder Coatings also strives for excellence in environmental performance of our powder coat products.
Dulux products lead the industry in the development of powder coat systems that have minimal impact on the environment.
Dulux powder coat products:
- Are free of heavy metal pigments such as lead, cadmium, arsenic & mercury.
- Can be stored and cured at low temperatures and faster times than industry standard offers.
- Are produced with stringent Safety, Health & Environmental policies and standards.
- Are developed with consideration of life cycle analysis, to guide our suppliers and the materials we use.
- Are manufactured in facilities where significant energy and resources employed in production, are measured and have aggressive reduction targets in place.
- Are produced and used with minimal waste.
Consequently, Dulux Powder Coatings are a prime consideration for projects where air quality standards have been set, such as 4, 5 & 6 Green Star Rating Projects.
When Dulux Powder Coatings are specified as part of a system and all compliance criteria are met, Green Star Rating Points can potentially be achieved.